10 Top Places for Breakfast in Vancouver, WA
By far, one of our favorite activities out during the weekend is going out for breakfast. Living in Portland, it was easy to get spoiled by the dozens of different places to frequent for our weekend breakfast outings. Naturally, when we moved across the river from Portland to Vancouver, one of our first orders of business was to seek-out breakfast spots in our new Clark County home. Suffice it to say, Vancouver offers some great places for your first meal of the day that rival the popular spots found south of the river in Portland (without the Portland lines!)
If you are new to the Vancouver area and looking for great restaurants to start your day, check out this list (in no particular order) of 10 of our favorite breakfast spots around town:
- Tommy O’s: located on Washington St in downtown Vancouver, Tommy O’s serves up Hawaiian style breakfast. Start your breakfast out with their delicious Malasadas. Conveniently located near Esther Short park, it’s a great place to start your day before heading to the farmer’s market during the spring and summer seasons.
- Bleu Door Bakery: On Main St in downtown Vancouver, Bleu Door has a sit down café as well as an express window. Try some of their fresh made daily pastries, or from the menu, enjoy their bacon-cheddar biscuits and gravy or savory quiche.
- Lapellah: When you are getting a later start on your morning, check out Lapellah for a classy dining experience. Their breakfast starts at 10am and they serve up contemporary cuisine made from fresh, sustainable ingredients in a laid back atmosphere.
- Dulin’s: A downtown Vancouver institution on Main St. featuring tasty omelettes and potato dishes. Get their early, though, they fill up quickly!
- Rosemary Café: A quiet café near the Kiggins Theatre downtown for home style breakfast. Try one of their specialties with housemade apple sauce and cottage potatoes. We recommend one of their breakfast sandwiches, like the Monte Cristo!
- Christine’s Restaurant: If you are out visiting Fort Vancouver or the air museum, stop in and try the home style faire offered at Christine’s. We love their home made hash browns and giant plate sized pancakes. It’s impossible to leave here hungry.
- Hudson’s: Located inside the Heathman Lodge, Hudson’s features delicious dining in a rustic style dining room. If you are looking for something sweet, look no further than their bread pudding French toast, or for something savory, try the farmer’s breakfast or one of their egg specials.
- Joe Brown’s Café: Established back in 1932, and serving up diner style breakfast all day, Joe Brown’s is one of Vancouver’s most popular breakfast dining spots. They feature from scratch biscuits, hashbrowns, and large portions in a casual atmosphere that won’t break the bank.
- Donut Nook: On St John’s Rd in Vancouver, the Donut Nook is a hidden gem for doughnuts! Their daily fresh made assortment of maple bars, buttermilk bars, fritters, and cake doughnuts make it a difficult choice every time you walk through the door. Grab a variety of each to go!
- Mon Ami: A family friendly casual spot with a large menu of sweet and savory crepes. When you can’t decide on sweet or savory, we recommend getting one of each! Located in downtown Vancouver, they also feature Stumptown coffee to help kick off your day.